My Website


Creating a website was an interesting experience, with maybe a lot of emotional roller coasters! To start off, it was interesting getting to know the language in which to make the website, it felt like coding, however, it is just a markup of our language in a way that the computer understands it.  The only difficult part was learning the mark up of the language, it took me maybe an hour, but after that I was off and creating a website! I chose to create a website based off of my favorite hobby because I would at least be passionate about it.  That would indeed be hiking! I thought to myself that I have been hiking for years, and know how to adequately prepare myself responsibly so I can hike safely. Based off of this knowledge, I made a website that informed a person about what the ten essentials are for hiking.  The idea seemed simple, however I ran into a couple of issues.  I had to learn how to change font size and color, and what font I actually wanted. Then figuring how to format headers another small complication.  I would say that my biggest difficulty was inserting pictures. I found that sometimes I could insert using the url method, and sometimes I could not. I then managed to learn how to save the pictures and insert the by file names, this method worked way better for me.  This method especially worked better for me since I added 11 photos so people could have a visual of what the ten essentials are.  In all though, I believed this experience to be educational, and actually cool because I was actually creating something!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Just about Being a Programmer

Artificial Intelligence or Virtual Reality?