It's Not Just about Being a Programmer


To begin this blog about the visit from our guest speaker Shad Rack, I would like to state that I am thankful that I showed up to this class early so I could know what to do to obtain the extra credit, and that is why my title for my blog is, “It’s not just about being a programmer.”  Shad was about six feet tall, and looked to be middle aged man that seemed successful.  I would say that he looked successful just in the way he stood tall, wore business casual clothing, and spoke clearly and precisely.  Shad talked a lot about cloud computing at first and described how we are going back to using that as a main system again.  Basically you can reach all your data from one mainframe, instead of having multiple mainframes.  Excuse if this sounds wrong, I paraphrased Shad as much as possible on the definition of cloud computing.  He created four companies I believe, however he only discussed Airlift and Infoblox.  I thought that his website airlift was pretty interesting for a couple of reasons, but mainly because he showed us a visual.  First of all, he incorporated cloud computing into his website to reach out to as many audiences as possible.  This was possible because his website had several different home pages that you could access or see just by refreshing the page.  I cannot remember all the websites he had, but the one I do remember is the one that helped obtain licenses for selling marijuana.  Also, the websites just looked sleek and modern.  All in all, I thought that Shad was very successful, and hoped his new company would succeed.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Artificial Intelligence or Virtual Reality?

My Website